Prices for explant

Breast Implant Removal Surgery aka Explantation ;/strong></strong></font></h4></div></body></html>">

Chely

Unread post 09 Feb 2014, 00:33 #1

Hello, I have had my saline implants in for 19 years now and I am working with a ps Dr Christina Ahn in NYC to have them removed. She just quoted me three different prices and I am stunned as to how expensive it is. $16,000. For jus the explant en bloc and 20,000 fore plant and a life and 26500. For explanation lift and fat graft. And this is with my insurance paying some of it. Has any one here ever paid this much and has anyone ever used Dr Ahn? Would love to hear from you ladies

best regards 
cheekycheeky

Grace25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 09 Feb 2014, 23:51 #2

Hi Cheeky,
I wish I could help you but had my implants with a mastopexy back in 2004. I'm sure things have probably gone up since then. I paid 3000.00 for the explant and 3500.00 for the lift back then. Other more experienced doctors were higher more like in the 10,000.00 range. My insurance did cover my explant but the lift was out of pocket.
The cost you mentioned seems reasonable in keeping with today and Dr. Ahn is a well recommended surgeon. Dr. Kolb and Dr. Feng are able to also charge more as they are excellent doctors as well. Call around and get some ideas.
There is no price to high for the relief that comes from getting rid of toxic implants, though. You may be able to find someone cheaper locally but you really do have to invest in your time and research. Make sure you are getting them removed en bloc.
Didn't quite understand what the other two prices were for.
Let us know what you find out. We can pass this on to others. Thanks and Good luck!
Grace

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 10 Feb 2014, 02:51 #3

Hi,  yes the cost is right in reason - unfortunately, we weren't warned that these things would be such a costly mistake.   So may girls just saving up the payment for getting them and clueless of what they are getting themselves into - - that's why the sisterhood exists is trying to put an end to the right to make informed choices.
Gracie, gave you very sage advice.    It doesn't hurt to call around to the top doctors to know who you want and what can be done for the prices.  
Personally, I've had no experience with Dr. Ahn but we have had all great feedback on her - and she is one of the best!
Good luck - Keep us posted cause we care.

chely69

Unread post 08 Mar 2014, 01:44 #4

Has any one here been explanted with Dr Ahn?

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 23:48 #5

Many good reports and stories here on the forum that have been ex planted by Dr. Ahn.   I haven't had personal dealings with here but know she is really one of the best.   Hopefully, one of our girls will see this post or just do some reading here ...  Best wishes!

chely69

Unread post 13 Mar 2014, 18:24 #6

I hope so. Ive heard amazing things to. I will find out soon enuogh. I am scheduled for surgery May 22nd. I have to lose 30 lbs and I do not know if I can do it I ve beein trying but with my appitite swings I am up and down. Its hard when these toxic bags are stopping you from losing the weight. Any suggestions???

Implant Info Net
Loyal Member

Unread post 15 Mar 2014, 03:03 #7

Hi,   I had good luck with the South Beach diet and of course exercise and plenty of water.   Once I realized it was a life style change I had to make I did fine with it or "still do".   Once I got rid of all the ole goodies and ate right - I developed a taste for healthy food and that really helped.   It didn't happen overnight tho - takes time so hang in there!   Glad to hear you have surgery scheduled =)   

Grace25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 17 Mar 2014, 13:35 #8

Congrats on your upcoming date!

Any good diet, (South Beach, Mediterranean, DASH, Weight Watchers) is good if you follow it. For me, to lose weight I just ate less, ate lots of veggies, fruit and protein, drank more water, exercised and didn't eat after 6 pm. Night snacking was mostly my problem.

chely69

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 20:25 #9

Thanks ladies. I am not sure about those diets. I am going to just eat less exercise more and not eat after 6-7pm. Eating late was also my problem. Its been two days and I have been trying to stay at a 1000 calorie a day plan (Special K twice a day) and I am hoping that this works for me so far so good. I have to stick to it or else my surgery will be postpond and I DO NOT want that. Will keep you posted on my journey!!!

:)

Grace25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 19 Mar 2014, 14:36 #10

Wishing you the best of luck! You can do it.