Post Explant - Please Help

New Members, please stop here first to read the rules and and introduce yourself. We Look forward to meeting you.

Lilleigh

Unread post 16 Oct 2014, 16:08 #1

Hi - I am almost 3 weeks post explant - it will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I am 55 years old, and had saline implants under the muscle for 10 years. My symptoms included:  muscle stiffness/aches;  pain/burning/tingling in face, chest, legs, arms, feet; headaches; blurred vision; pain/burning in eyes & teeth; sleeping issues; gastro issues; pain/burning in chest and shortness of breath; extreme dry mouth; overall flu-like feeling; musckle twitching, etc. I had my implants removed by Dr. Susan Kolb. She is wonderful. I also had lymph nodes taken from each armpit.

I am feeling just terrible. My symptoms have just been amplified by surgery. Plus, I now have extra pain in each armpit - and burning and pain and tingling down my arms into my hands and fingers - I am assuming from the lymph node removal. I was so hopeful that I would be one of the ladies that noticed at least some improvement right away - or soon after surgery. But, that has not been the case for me. Things just don't seem to be getting any better- and indeed are worse. I have been taking supplements; really being careful of diet and drinking lots of bottled water. I am just so discouraged and feeling really alone and just hoping that I am not the only one with this type of situation. I keep hoping and praying that with each new day, I will see some improvement - but, it just has not happened. Any input/info/suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Thank you so very much, and God bless~
Lilleigh

Implant Info Net
Loyal Member

Unread post 16 Oct 2014, 22:11 #2

WELCOME!
I'm so glad you found us and that you have Dr. Kolb as she is one of our top doctors and can help pull you out of this slump!!As you mentioned, the surgery can and often does kick up a lot of ugly things - amplifies all the horrible symptoms for awhile.Saline is a tuff one -  I had both but the saline took me down very quickly and the rupture put me in a wheelchair.  I had a very difficult road to get back on tract.    Your new diet and supplements may have an affect also - as the yeast die off period also has an ugly affect on health for awhile too!   I'm redoing my detox right now and alas - it affect the health for awhile but having done this over the years I know the outcome is worth it, big time!!!  
We will be here to support you along the way!   It helps to have the support and feedback as well during this journey..You are only 3 weeks post-op so give it a little more time - You may still jump out of this pretty quickly!    For me, it took about 2 years but I already had dx of Lupus and Connective Tissue and MS.    If you haven't been diagnosed with these yet - that is a hugh plus on your side!   Another factor to consider is Dr. Kolb got the lymph nodes and that's a real big issue to get back on your feet and prevent further problems down the road...  
Hang in there  and know we are here!

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 17 Oct 2014, 09:41 #3

ImagePatience & Persistence

Grace25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 17 Oct 2014, 15:20 #4

Hello and Welcome to the group Lilleigh,
First of all, Congrats on your explant. You have a wonderful surgeon onboard who made sure she removed your implants correctly and can help you get better. As we know, surgery can stir up all kinds of things. For now, just treat yourself kindly, continue to eat well, exercise gently and in time you should see some improvement. I felt very ill and fatigued the first month after my surgery but then I began feeling better slowly and little by little. I did not have my lymph nodes removed and this can add extra time to heal. I like Rosie have connective tissue disease and auto immune problems but am doing much better after explant. Try to also support yourself emotionally as this is as important as the physical healing. We are here to support you as you continue to heal.
Sending WELL Wishes your way!
Grace

Lilleigh

Unread post 21 Oct 2014, 12:58 #5

Dear sweet ladies - I can't begin to thank you enough for your words of encouragement. I am so thankful for this site - for its creators and keepers. You are providing a service that truly makes such a difference. May God continue to bless you all - and keep you in His care. May He bless all of the women who suffer with this illness healing, comfort and wisdom as we seek to recover.

"And He will give His angels charge over you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 22 Oct 2014, 01:41 #6

Aww, thank you for your kind words, Lilleigh!  
I hope you are feeling better these days?    You remain in my prayers!

Grace25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 22 Oct 2014, 21:19 #7

Same here. Image

msmsjazz

Unread post 23 Feb 2017, 19:47 #8

Hi I am a new member i read your story and would love to know how are you doing now?