explant mastopexy surgery scheduled 7-28-16

Breast Implant Removal Surgery aka Explantation ;/strong></strong></font></h4></div></body></html>">

EReal1212

Unread post 25 Jul 2016, 16:28 #1

I'm new to this forum world but here it goes...

I joined because I realized I need some support from a group of ladies that understand what I'm going through.

I am 28 years old and I have 4 year old implants. I got my implants and lift done at the age of 24, one year after having my youngest daughter. (Same old story where I felt this would be a good confidence booster etc...) During the healing process my implants dropped and my incisions opened. This has caused the scars to be less than pleasant and the implants to sit lower than the natural fold of my breast. Because of their misplacement, for the past four years I have been fussing with my breasts and the pain the implants inflict on my lymph nodes.

I struggled with my 2 options for years...fix them or get rid of them. After having the surgery done and dealing with the let down of the outcome I was able to find my way to a healthier me by excercising and eating right! I've never been more happy with my physicality and realized that life after babies was in my control the entire time! I made the decision for my health and well being to get rid of them. My surgery is with a reputable Dr. who has done many explant surgeries in her long career. She is also implant free and supports my desire to have a natural look. I've struggled to find support because I dont hear of many women my age coming to this conclusion for themselves. It seems that many women in their late 30s on up are coming to similar conclusions as I have. I would appreciate advice from all aged women warriors ;) but wondering if any young moms out there with a story or advice for my situation?

I have a lot of fears for my end results as well as my mental state during recovery. Physical activity has become my therapy. I can't wait to continue my new journey in Brazilian jiu jitsu without these implants getting in my way but I know the 4 week recovery time will be hard for me not being able to participate in many physical activities. 

Any support or advice would be great! I'm trying to think of what I should be doing pre surgery with only a few days to go. So far i've been drinking extra water...any other ideas?

Grace 25968
Loyal Member

Unread post 26 Jul 2016, 00:15 #2

Hello EReal,

Glad you found us. I am also happy to hear you have made the decision to be real and natural. You're giving yourself a wonderful gift. Implants were thought to be lifetime devices but now we know better. The more you exchange an implant out the more scar tissue you end up with, along with perhaps botched surgeries, tissue loss, loss of feeling, to name just a few. Your implants dwell time and a good surgeon should have yo back to almost what you were pre implant. The mastopexy will lift and shape you nicely. Many of us after explant try to get healthy and want to take better care of our bodies. The good news is most of us lose weight and get more fit. It seems you are on the "head start" program of getting healthy. Good for you. Just stay positive the first few weeks as your breasts may need a bit of time to "settle" back in. They may feel loose too. Not to worry, you should see improvements each day and soon you'll love your old new girls again. Congrats on your upcoming surgery.

Grace

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 26 Jul 2016, 01:28 #3

Hi, welcome to the forum!! I see that Gracie has already given you sage advice and I double it... Also, just a comment about how you are feeling over the uncertainties after surgery... We all are scared, fright ended of the unknown! All that goes away in a few days to a few months as the 'fluffing process' begins. Keeping busy and exercising is a great way to help curb those fears and also makes us prepare for surgery! Congratulations on the big decision! That's the best gift to yourself.. Healthy lifestyle changes 👍🏼

Let us know if any other questions pop up... That's why we're here!
💞💞💞

EReal1212

Unread post 26 Jul 2016, 17:27 #4

Thanks for your responses and support! It means so much to me. As happy as I am with this decision moving forward to have them removed and return to my natural self I keep finding myself feeling frustrated at my past decisions which have landed me here. I'm working on forgiving myself for the mistakes I made in the past. Hopefully I can use this experience to give a different perspective to the women in my life. I hope to influence women to talk about their lower hanging breasts and stretch marks as a badge of honor instead of a cross we mothers bear. I hope we all can start speaking in different ways about ourselves as I know first hand having two daughters that tiny ears are listening intently. Thanks again ladies! I'll post again most likely on Friday after the big day. :)

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 26 Jul 2016, 21:15 #5

Hi, I'm so glad we can be of some help and support.
I understand what you are saying about your frustrations in past desicions. It's a process of mixed emotions we all go through!! Anger, fear, anxiety etc. etc. Many of us felt guilty for having them.. But, we were lied to, repeatedly by our doctors, media, and our own government .. Then the anger sets in. A vicious cycle of emotions that take over.. However, there is a way to deal with them... Realize we did the best we could with the knowledge we were given and move forward to begin the healthy lifestyle of releasing the emotions, rejoicing in our true skin, eating healthy, exercising etc. I congratulate you on realizing yourself that turning this negative experience into a positive to help others is the healthiest choice a woman can make! We'd love to have you here working with us, if you would like to?! First lets get you well!!

Yes! Those tiny ears pick up a lot .. We need to counteract the media attempts to get our children.
I've seen it time and time again where a young girls decision was based on her mothers perspective. And most times it's based on what 'men think'. However, when men have been asked.. They may like the eye candy but don't want thier girlfriends, wives, sisters, mothers etc to have implants. They want the real.
Look forward to hearing from you!!
Good Luck!!

Latoretta

Unread post 10 May 2017, 00:35 #6

I've come to the conclusion that these Have to Go.  At the age of 34  when I first got the implants it was when I had just finished having my family and nursing, finally had breasts, stopped nursing and then had deflated 'sacks'.  So my first implantation was after I had finished nursing my last child. Saline over the muscle too large - 10 years later 2nd implantation of larger 300 cc's saline over muscle.  Then last year I saw a shift in my left breast, some deflation, and puckering. Went to a PS in CA. said I wanted to discuss removal or smaller implant.  After discussion I decided to go with a smaller Silicone implant Naturelle - she said the would be rounder, and feel more natural.  Well - after surgery to my surprise I find out that she put in larger 425 cc's (to fill out my looser skin) - and I've hated them every day since.  They are now foreign objects on my chest wall.  I went back to her and she tried to tell me to go smaller - why didn't she the first time??  So researched explantation sites, reached out to my Naturopath up in WA state and was given the name of one of the doctors on Your site.  I have an appointment in 3 weeks and I'm hoping that I have a good experience with her and can move forward with the Explantation.  I've done all my research and cannot wait.  Implants at 34 are quite different from having them at 62 - they make me look heavy and matronly and I don't like the way I look in clothes.  I cannot wait, and reading all the wonderful stories from Real explant survivors is so incredibly reassuring and helpful.  Thanks to all of you who share.

Implant Info Net
Loyal Member

Unread post 19 May 2017, 02:27 #7

Welcome!   I'm glad you found us and have been doing all your research!   You'll not regret it.I can relate to part of your story - The doctors kept talking me into another set of implants -- one after another following a mastectomy.    I was so thrilled once I had them completely removed and a stable, healthier future to look forward to.
I also agree with you - I'm up in age also and think the smaller size looks better.
Keep us posted or at least stay in touch with other groups so you have plenty of supportwhile going through this.

Latoretta

Unread post 27 May 2017, 15:05 #8

Thank you Rosie for your response - I wasn't sure that this site was still up and running June 2017!  I've been doing such research and have read just about Everything I can.  I'm super excited that I found my PS and was even more thrilled after her examination when she told me that I had 'enough' of my own breast tissue to fill a B cup!!  Just thrilled.  I told her that sounded wonderful, but my focus was on being Myself without Implants - that I was done.  I am one of the Fortunate ones in which I have not had any sickness associated with them.  But I will say these last & i Mean LAST implants I have inside of me have Never felt right - and I just wish I would have gone with my gut April '16 when I told that particular PS I wanted to have them removed completely w/o implantaion again.  But, This was my journey to take me where I need to be.  I'm confident I found the Right PS and I'm just counting the days to 6/9/17!!!  And I so Very Much appreciate the support.

Implant Info Net
Loyal Member

Unread post 29 May 2017, 15:28 #9

You have the right attitude!!   That will get you through all this for sure...
I ran into the same problems of implanting when I was done with them -- the doctors told me I'd go nuts w/o and my daughter was about 15 at the time started crying and begging me to at least try the salines.  By that time the meds had kicked in as I was being rolled into surgery sedated, I told them to go ahead and try.   One year later - they ruptured.   So, bottom line, I was really ready to just be rid of everything.   I've never regretted it!
B cup should look great on you!   
Having faith in your surgeon is so important and half the battle of finding that!
Here for you Image

RosieS
Loyal Member

Unread post 02 Jun 2017, 21:49 #10

Hi, your big day is just around the corner!   Wishing you all the best Image